Payday During 2017 Campus Winter Closure//= Titles\title(); ?>
Back to Top
First Posted: 12/08/2017
THERE WILL BE ONE PAYDAY DURING THE CAMPUS CLOSURE!
The bi-weekly payday will fall on Wednesday, Dec. 27, 2017, during the campus closure.
Paper paychecks will be distributed from five locations for this bi-weekly payday, on 12/27/17.
[Note: The December 2017 monthly payday will be distributed on January 2, 2018, after the campus reopens.]
On 12/27/17, most bi-weekly paper paychecks can be picked up at the Payroll Department front window located in Suite 620 at the Wilshire Center, 10920 Wilshire Blvd., from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm on 12/27/17. You must bring identification to enter the building and pick up your bi-weekly paycheck, so please bring your BruinCard and your Driver’s License.
The HR and Payroll Center – North, located at Sproul Hall, Suite 162, will distribute bi-weekly paper paychecks to its normal population of check recipients on 12/27/17 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. HR and Payroll Center – North will distribute paper paychecks for their populations ONLY.
Only the bi-weekly paper paychecks payable on 12/27/17 will be distributed on 12/27/17.
The December monthly paychecks will be distributed on January 2, 2018, after the campus reopens.
In addition, no other payroll services will be offered during the campus closure other than bi-weekly paper paycheck distribution.
The Payroll Department will distribute all bi-weekly paper paychecks not picked up during the campus closure, as well as the December monthly paychecks, on Jan. 2, 2018, after the campus returns to work, using the normal procedures.
But why wait to get your paper paycheck if you don’t plan to come to the campus during the closure?
Did you know that you can elect to receive your UCLA salary via direct deposit?
There are many reasons to sign up for direct deposit:
- The money is sent directly to the bank, so you do not have to worry about whether or not your department’s business office is open for you to pick up a paper check.
- There is no paper check, so you do not have to make a trip to the bank to deposit or cash the check.
- The money will be in the bank and available to you on pay day.
PROTECTION of PRIVACY
- By choosing direct deposit, you will automatically receive an Online Earnings Statement.
- The Online Earnings Statement is available in UC At Your Service Online (UC AYSO), a secure UC employee website that is password protected.
- The Online Earnings Statement is available on pay day; then it is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 18 months.
SUSTAINABILITY and COST SAVINGS
- Direct deposit and online delivery of the earnings statement reduce paper waste and are in line with the University’s initiative to Go Green (for more information, go to www.sustain.ucla.edu).
- UCLA produces over 10,000 paper checks every month and would save money on printing and paper costs.
Contact your HR representative for the check distribution process in your department!