Going Paperless//= Titles\title(); ?>
Back to Top
First Posted: 11/28/2017
Did you know that you can elect to receive your UCLA salary via direct deposit?
There are many reasons to sign up for direct deposit:
- The money is sent directly to the bank, so you do not have to worry about whether or not your department’s business office is open for you to pick up a paper check.
- There is no paper check, so you do not have to make a trip to the bank to deposit or cash the check.
- The money will be in the bank and available to you on pay day.
PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
- By choosing direct deposit, you will automatically receive an Online Earnings Statement.
- The Online Earnings Statement is available in UC At Your Service Online (UC AYSO), a secure UC employee website that is password protected.
- The Online Earnings Statement is available on pay day; and remains available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 18 months.
SUSTAINABILITY AND COST SAVINGS
- Direct deposit and online delivery of the earnings statement reduce paper waste and are in line with the University’s initiative to Go Green (for more information, go to www.sustain.ucla.edu).
- UCLA produces over 10,000 paper checks every month and would save money on printing and paper costs.
Follow these easy steps:
- Go to the University of California employee website (UC AYSO) at https://atyourserviceonline.ucop.edu.
- Logon to the website
- Click on Direct Deposit under Income & Taxes
- Click on Continue to change your check disposition
- Choose Account Type – Checking or Savings
- Enter Routing Number (e.g. the ABA Number for your bank)
- Enter your Account Information (the account number where you want the funds deposited)
- Review information for accuracy
- Check the authorization box in order for direct deposit to be activated
- Confirm the change
If you do not want to sign up online for direct deposit, you can take your banking information to the HRPCN and we will make the change for you.
W-2 Electronic Distribution
We strongly encourage the use of electronic W-2 distribution through UC At Your Service Online: https://atyourserviceonline.ucop.edu
The expanded use of online W-2 distribution:
- Saves paper and environmental resources.
- Reduces costs of supplies and services to strengthen UC’s budget.
- Allows employees to get a head start on their tax return (electronic W-2’s will be released roughly two weeks prior to paper W-2’s).
- Reduces the number of mailed forms which are lost in the mail or sent to old addresses.
- Provides employees with a secure source to access current and past W-2 forms.
Sign up for online W-2 distribution today. Employees can use this instructional video as a guide to this process: http://training.payroll.ucla.edu/onlinew2/.
FORM W-2 PAPER DISTRIBUTION
W-2 forms for employees who do not elect to sign up for electronic W2 distribution, will be mailed to the employee (as required per IRS regulations), to the employee’s personal address on file in the Personnel/Payroll System.