New Employee Orientation (NEO)//= Titles\title(); ?>
Back to Top
All new clients to the HR & Payroll Operations Center (excluding casual restricted staff) are required to participate in a New Employee Orientation (NEO) session.
HRPOC is currently utilizing a hybrid delivery model for the NEO.
- For staff employees working remotely or off campus, the NEO is available via Zoom.
- For staff employees working on campus, the NEO is being delivered in-person (unless remote participation is feasible and pre-arranged).
- DIGITAL NEO is available by special request and is appropriate for new hire staff appointments eligible for CORE BENEFITS (generally, Per Diem, students, By Agreement, Seasonal appointments working 75% of time or more for at least 3 months). Send request to AskHRPOC@chr.ucla.edu, subject: Digital NEO request
HRPOC client departments are: POLICE DEPARTMENT, INFORMATION TECHOLOGY SERVICES, CAMPUS HUMAN RESOURCES, FACILITIES, ENVIRONMENT HEALTH & SAFETY, ADMINISTRATIVE VC, K-12 DEPARTMENTS (ECE, LAB SCHOOL, GEFFEN ACADEMY), CENTRAL TICKET OFFICE, CAMPUS PROJECTS, HOUSING & HOSPITALITY (including Lake Arrowhead), EVENTS & TRANSPORTATION, ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY & COMPLIANCE, ACADEMIC PERSONNEL, INFORMATION PRACTICES, EQUITY DIVERSITY & INCLUSION, ACADEMIC PLANNING & BUDGET, MAIL & DOCUMENT SERVICES, INSURANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT, FINANCE, REAL ESTATE, ACADEMIC SENATE, FACULTY CENTER.
Other campus departments should refer to Campus Human Resources L&OD’s NEO page here.
New Employee Orientations are currently offered every Tuesdays. The official schedule is below for reference. Please consult accordingly.
Represented and non-represented sessions are offered on an alternating weeks to ensure regular availability. Employees will be scheduled by the HRPOC based upon their representation status (Collective Bargaining Unit or Policy covered).
- CBA covered (represented) sessions contain a 30 minute union introduction and begin at 8:00am
- Policy covered (non-represented) sessions do not, beginning at 8:30am.
Automatic e-mail confirmations and reminders will be sent to all attendees containing pertinent session information related to participation.
Please contact the HRPOC directly if you have any questions related to NEO participation.
|Date||Day||Time||In-Person Location||Represented/Non-Represented||Format Type||Zoom Credentials|
|06/06/2023||Tuesday||8:30AM-12:00PM||N/A||Non-Represented||Zoom||Meeting ID: 938 1012 0057
|06/20/2023||Tuesday||8:30AM-12:00PM||N/A||Non-Represented||Zoom||Meeting ID: 938 1012 0057
Commons: South Bay Room
Zoom Upon Request ONLY
|Meeting ID: 938 1012 0057
Updated Protocol for Employees Working/Completing NEO on Campus
For specific COVID-19 protocols, vaccine information and resources, please visit https://covid-19.ucla.edu/.
Event Parking Instructions:
The nearest parking structure to this location is: Sunset Village Parking Structure
Parking Payment Options:
- Blue Permit Holders are permitted in the Sunset Village Parking Structure at no cost
- Yellow Permit* holders
- Purchase a 1-Day Yellow/Blue Parking Pass ($6.60/$8.30 through the e-Permit Portal, $14 at pay station).
*If an employee has a Yellow Parking Permit for the structure, they may park there without issue. If their permit is for an alternative structure, they can log into their e-Permit portal and request a daily transfer to the SV Parking Structure or nearby parking structure. Please note, this transaction is handled by the employee and the e-Permit system.
New Employee Resources
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the HRPOC directly, either by phone or e-mail. We are here to assist.
We hope you found this information helpful. Once again, the HR & Payroll Operations Center (HRPOC) is here to assist new employees and our clients if you need anything.