New Protocols for Hiring//= Titles\title(); ?>
Back to Top
During this time of fiscal uncertainty, UCLA has instituted a hiring pause process. Approval is required for the HRPCN service center to process client department’s recruitment, new hires and appointment extension transactions.
WHEN SHOULD I OBTAIN VICE CHANCELLOR/DEAN APPROVAL?
Submit a signed Recruitment Authorization Form (RAF) for the following:
- Posting and reposting of all career/contract/per diem/limited staff positions
- Hiring under a requisition that posted prior to March 20, 2020
- Contract amendments (extensions only)
- For Administration departments: Effective November 1, 2020, Vice Chancellor Beck has approved giving his direct reports authorization to extend existing contract appointments for up to one year without his approval.
- Appointment extensions (limited, rehired retiree)
Do not submit these forms for these types of positions:
- Academic appointments
HOW DO I COMMUNICATE THAT APPROVAL HAS BEEN GRANTED/RECEIVED?
Complete the RAF approval form below. The form has been configured to allow one preparer and one approver. For example, the department representative fills out the form (preparer) and the department head approves the form.
- For Lake Arrowhead, Luskin Conference Center, Faculty Center, Guest House, Catering and Meeting Room Services, please utilize the following LCC/LACC/Faculty Center RAF DocuSign (Eff 3/11/21).
- For all others, please utilize the following HRPC-North RAF DocuSign (Eff 3/11/21)..
PDF version: Download PDF form, complete and send signed form as follows:
WHAT DO I DO AFTER SENDING THE APPROVAL FORM TO THE HRPC-NORTH?
Prepare the appropriate transaction and send to the Employment Submitter:
- New Posting
- Current Posting: Send an e-mail to the Employment Submitter requesting that the Requisition be reposted/extended.
- Contract Amendment
- Appointment Extension: Prepare a PAF and send it to HRPCNorth@ucla.edu or LCC-HumanResources@chr.ucla.edu; in the Comments field, type “Approval has been received per [name of approver] and routed to HRPC-North on MM/DD/YYYY.”
HOW TO SUBMIT INDIVIDUAL SALARY ACTIONS
Please note, this hiring approval process does not encompass salary action changes. In order to submit salary action changes, please review the process on the Compensation page of the website.